A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Technologist, working within the product development/R&D and support team, of a world leader in the development and production of inks, dyes and functional coatings.
Purpose of the Job:
Working as part of a laboratory based team, on the support and maintenance of existing products and on the development of new products. Will also be expected to carry out a range of daily practical tasks in the laboratory as required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the lab team to test, analyse and present findings in an accessible and accurate format
- Carrying out testing of samples, products and raw materials to defined standards.
- Dealing with customer complaints, raw material approval and product formulation activities
- Follow all relevant procedures safely and effectively, performing all appropriate tasks within set timescales and standards
- Ensuring that all data is recorded accurately and is updated on a regular basis
Qualifications / Experience Critical for the job Holder
- Good verbal, organisational and written communications skills.
- Ability to work both alone or as part of a team and to complete work to set deadlines.
- A minimum of five good GCSE grades (A* – C) with an emphasis on science subjects plus some experience of working in a laboratory or a degree in Chemistry, Physics or a related scientific discipline.
- Current drivers license would be advantageous, but not essential.
No agencies please. You must be eligible to work in the UK.