A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Project Leader, working within our clients Energy Curing Offset Ink team, with the world leader in the development and production of inks, dyes and functional coatings.
This position offers applicants an opportunity to progress their career development into the day-to-day management of a small team, as part of a larger technical community. Experience in dealing with complaints and customer support activities would be helpful. Prior involvement with energy curing or offset ink and coatings technologies would be an advantage. The position will require some travel, as the Team supports manufacturing sites in mainland Europe.
Key responsibilities include:
- Product Development – adjustment to existing products to meet business, raw material cost saving and other external factor requirements to agreed deadlines and timescales.
- Working closely with other technicians, chemists and project leaders on the formulation and application of new and existing products and processes.
- Producing reports for internal and external customers and maintaining lab records.
- Application of own scientific knowledge in problem solving situations.
- Provide updates of work progress, including regular communication with project leaders.
- Technical Support – Provides technical advice, guidance & support maintaining laboratory processes, equipment and resolution of customer issues.
- Product Compliance – Meets required Production, Quality, EHS & Regulatory policies when improving existing products.
- Safety Commitment – Ensuring the Safety of Self and Others
- To lead a range of technical projects related to specific areas of the business to help meet stated business goals.
- To manage training and ongoing development of reports to help in achieving objectives.
- To organise others and/or to meet reporting requirements of the team.
- To provide expertise and best practice suggestions to help improve products and meet project milestones.
Qualifications / Experience Critical for the job Holder
- Proven track record in successful delivery of projects
- Fundamental understanding of formulating principles behind inks and coatings
- Knowledge of printing and application technology
- Degree in Chemistry or related discipline or relevant professional experience.
No agencies please.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
A full UK driving license would be an advantage.