A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Laboratory Technician, working within our clients Aqueous Inks team, with the world leader in the development and production of inks, dyes and functional coatings.
Purpose of the Job:
- To develop new products for use in the aqueous inks market that are aligned with the company strategy. This will involve developing and maintaining application testing protocols; maintenance and SOP development of equipment (e.g. printers).
- The successful candidate will work, as part of a laboratory-based team, on the support and maintenance of existing products and SOP’s and will also be expected to carry out a range of daily tasks in the laboratory as required.
- Define the necessary development and implementation of jetting assessments on selected hardware platforms and developing full understanding of printheads and formulation effects to improve ink performance in the target application.
Key responsibilities include:
- Product Development – Development of new products as well as maintenance of profitable new products to meet business requirements to agreed deadlines and timescales.
- Working closely with other technicians, chemists and project leaders on the formulation and research of new and existing products.
- Application of own scientific knowledge in problem solving situations
- Provide updates of project progress, including regular communication with project leaders
- Technical Support – Provides technical advice, guidance & support maintaining laboratory processes, equipment and resolution of customer issues.
- Product Compliance – Meets required Production, Quality, EHS & Regulatory policies when formulating new products and maintaining existing products.
- Safety Commitment – Ensuring the Safety of Self and Others
Qualifications / Experience Critical for the job Holder
- Practical working knowledge in a relevant formulating laboratory environment, preferably aqueous
- Experience in operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of wide format/industrial printers
- Qualified to a degree level in physical/chemical science or associated scientific subject
- Competent in the use of MSOffice (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
- Experience in inkjet printhead technologies and various aspects of ink testing
- Ability to devise test methods, analyse results and disseminate them in a professional and effective way
- Strong team player
- Able to take ownership and responsibility of their work and think for themselves while being receptive to feedback to continuously improve the quality of the development.
- Ambitious and willing to learn
- Hold a strong can-do-attitude
No agencies please.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.