To provide technical support to the day to day production activities at MSN. They provide the primary link between the Production and the Technical teams to ensure that products are manufactured using consistent formulas and processes in the most efficient manner to meet the appropriate quality specifications using repeatable and reproducible tests.
The MPL reports remotely into the Manufacturing Process Manager and therefore has to be a goal focused, self-starter who requires minimal day to day managing. The key customers are the site managers and their team.
- Identify and propose corrections to problematic formulas or processes through analysing RFT and process capability data and through direct observation and interaction.
- Identify the root cause of product failure and implement appropriate corrective actions (ie Manage the work-away process to minimise losses).
- Ensure that significant process controls are in place that are effective and ensure a consistent level of manufacture of all products
- Ensure batch ticket instructions are ensure the calibration systems in QC are maintained.
- Carry out Customer & Vendor Complaint investigations to reach robust root causes.
- Manage the QA testing laboratory and the PT’s whist they are in that environment ensure their testing competency and to make sure they work in a safe efficient working environment .
- Ensure all RM used on the Site have an up to date MSDS stored in a place which can be easily accessed in an emergency.
What you’ll need
The successful candidate will have the following background:
- Educated to degree standard in Chemical Engineering or related discipline or relevant experience.
- Excellent influencing & communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to produce innovative solutions.
Why should I apply?
This is an amazing opportunity for someone who wishes to progress by widening their knowledge of multiple parts of the business and or develop their manufacturing process skills and technical expertise.
This role offers opportunities to…
- interact with many functions at many different levels
- use your natural influencing problem solving & decision-making skills
- make a real tangible difference to the site on a daily basis
This is a permanent role and is also often a natural stepping stone to other career paths.